Garden Pictures

Thought I would show off the progress of my garden.

Moved in and garden was like this
post-2109-1176203204.jpg

Then this
post-2109-1177061113_thumb.jpg

Then work up one morning and told the misses I would take the day off and do stuff around the new house as she wants it decorated Anyway, later in the afternoon she return and starts bloody moaning about what I have done. Personally I thought the garden needed a pond! what is it with women?
post-2109-1177523474_thumb.jpg

and finally the finished product, minus some required plant growth. The desking area gets full sun from about 10am to evening time, but unfortuantely with this years summer hasnt seen much use :(
post-2109-1182249441_thumb.jpg

The colour of the fence is made by cuprinol & is rustic brown

Sponsored Links
This is how my garden looked just after we moved in.
Picture219.jpg

Many hours later.
Picture1260.jpg

I spent so so much time in the garden I made a new friend.
Picture120.jpg

Here's a piece of my handiwork - was just a grass slope 2 years ago:
garden5.jpg

My efforts over the past 18 months

The clip of the place when we got the house (previous owner had passed away - garden gone to pot - spent first 6 months doing up house)
002.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

No 1 priority - get the shed installed :D
005.jpg

clear the garden, shift a few tonnes of concrete, fill 2 skips with rubble and waste dig the soil repeatedly, remove the brambles, docks, nettles time after time after time. Level then lay grass (in the rain :mad: )
006.jpg

Job done - relax over Christmas
007.jpg

Come the spring, let the thinking half of the relationship choose the plants, dig the holes and plant up
008.jpg

Add water, sunshine and time
010.jpg

009.jpg

Await spring 2008 and prepare to inspect the bank ballance to fund planting for round 2.......

Sponsored Links
Here's a few shots of the garden. I cover the entire thing with tarps for weed control. Notice me in the 7' tomatoes.

DSCF0115_2.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

Just a few pics of the garden, with a lot of help and advice from diy.com members.
Garden levelled off following 35 mtr of land drain, 4 tonne of 10mm gravel, 2 tonne of sharp and 10 tonne of topsoil.
That's excluding the removal of all the old lawn and about 80 sq mtrs of 4" clay subsoil.....
All done by my now crippled hands, Took me 3 weekends and a few dusky evenings.
Now looking forward to my next project now, making 2 railway sleeper benches for the circular patio, just in time for our summer :eek:

View media item 465 View media item 759 View media item 756 View media item 760 View media item 757 View media item 761Once again guys, thanks for your advice.
:D

Before and after pics of the first part of my garden.

I'll update once I've relaid the lawn etc.

Before:

b.jpg

After:

q.jpg

Garden1.jpg

Garden2.jpg

Garden4.jpg

Garden7.jpg

n554176855_1895621_2836.jpg

I finished building the bench yesterday, which I am quite proud of.
Going to build a table next week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back