magna clean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone fitting these on ch installations ive started putting one into my quotes, any thoughts on these off anyone who is currently using them ;)

Sponsored Links
I always include them as an option and strongly recommend that any open vented system (even if converted) has one fitted.

So far I have fitted about 20 of them, all customers have been impressed with the results - just see what they pick up after 20 minutes of running a new system after a comprehensive power flush.

Paul fits one free on the basis that the customer pays for it if required after a couple of weeks or Paul removes it.

Showing the customer all the dirt collected usually causes them to pay to keep it.

Tony

EliteHeat said:
I always include them as an option and strongly recommend that any open vented system (even if converted) has one fitted.

So far I have fitted about 20 of them, all customers have been impressed with the results - just see what they pick up after 20 minutes of running a new system after a comprehensive power flush.

using a machine or mains pressure to flush the system ?

Sponsored Links
timmy74 said:
EliteHeat said:

depends, I dont think the british standard yet stipulates a "power flush" I maybe wrong

But I would advise it

:)

corgiman said:
timmy74 said:
EliteHeat said:

depends, I dont think the british standard yet stipulates a "power flush" I maybe wrong

But I would advise it

:)

cw mains usually for me but im pricing magna cleans into price to hopefully maintain the system and chb guarantee ;)

ive heard the magna clean filters for powerflushing machines are meant to be TOP class ;)

mains flushing never really worked IMO as it didnt agitate the water enough to lift the magnetite off

but each to his own

surely wanging a powerflush into the job is gunna make even a combi swap into a 2 day job :eek: customer wont like the prices of that

True, I always quote 2 days for a combi swap. Its the selling points that make the difference as to whether a customer accepts it :rolleyes:

I must admit though on some recent boiler cahnges I have 'flushed' with mains water after 2-3 hours cleansing, without getting my powerflush machine out. I found this is as good in most cases, but the one I'm on this week will definately need a 'powerflush' ;)

timmy74 said:
surely wanging a powerflush into the job is gunna make even a combi swap into a 2 day job :eek: customer wont like the prices of that

yep it does

and if they dont like we dont do it

aint worth the call backs

I added X400 after running a Magnaclean for a day, and it loosened a lot of black after I thought it had stopped coming out.

JohnD said:
I added X400 after running a Magnaclean for a day, and it loosened a lot of black after I thought it had stopped coming out.

We have started to introduce this (where possible) before replacing boilers and powerflushes etc

and your right john its amazing how much more stuff comes out

Agile said:
Paul fits one free on the basis that the customer pays for it if required after a couple of weeks or Paul removes it.

Showing the customer all the dirt collected usually causes them to pay to keep it.
And Paul said all of that without moving his lips.

_381790_erniewise_300.jpg

I'm putting one on my system. The bloke who invented them is an ex BG engineer whom I've worked with. He is very good at his job and is a lovely bloke too. I hear he made about £2M from the magnaclean.

I've got one of his Magnaclean powerflushing filters, its basically 2 massive Magnaclean units in series which goes onto the return to your powerflush and it works really well.

I always make a point of showing the customer during the powerflush all the crap that comes out stuck to the magnets as it hopefully makes them feel better about paying me a large wedge for the work!

I keep meaning to temporarily install a small Magnaclean unit AFTER doing a powerflush with the Magnaclean powerflushing filter and see if anything turns up after a few days...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back