Fiesta mk6 1300 lx......power steering.....Help!!

AZ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i put out a article about what we thought was a noisy alternator or power steering pump........Today, when we went to jack the car up we found it to be the power steering rack and pinion that were losing fluid.........Too far a big job for me to do.

looks like will have to take to ford to do and cannot imagine how much they are going to charge!............Anyone out there a mind reader who could give me a rough estimate at what i should be looking to pay????? :?:

Sponsored Links
think of a 3 digit number, add your age to it, multiply it by 5 and put a pound sign in front of it.

Don't take it to ford, find a recomended back street garage

Ford want £1100 to supply and fit.........so i told them, i bet they did! Have managed to get a recon part for 100 pounds and a local garage said it would charge 300 quid to do...........lets say £450 all in! Ford should rethink their prices! :LOL:

£300 seems a bit steep, ask him what he charges per hour. Main dealer have joke labour charges but a independent should be a lot cheaper.
regards johnwr

Sponsored Links
The rate works out £45 per hour and they said the job could take between 3-5 hours as the subframe has to be dropped too to get access.
The part is £100............and when you add the V.A.T...The bill at most could be around £360 to 450....

How Ford can charge £300 labour and charge over £680 for the part i will never know! and dont forget the vat on top.
:mad:

Back