No Hot Water - Ferroli Medone 80E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a combi boiler which has been playing up for a while in terms of its supply of how water - sometimes it is fine, but most of the time the hot water would come and go - particularly annoying in the shower

Anyway, yesterday morning it stopped supplying hot water at all and I thought I would finally have a bit of a closer look.

It seems to be failing to register that the demand for hot water has been instigated and hence it doesn't fire up and start heating the water.

Tests this morning:

Heating off, hot tap on - no response
Heating on, hot tap on - hot water led on then burner on
Heating on, hot top on - no response
Heating on, hot top on - no response
(and so on with no response)

It seems like the one time I got hot water was a fluke and this is not going to sort itself out.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar and what the fix or cost to fix might be - Britich Gas quoted £144 for an all inclusive fix.

My boiler is a Ferroli Medone 80E, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Stu.

Sponsored Links
It could well be the flow switch but while its open check the two temperature sensors as they seem to be a common failure point on your model.

Tony

If the little led for the dhw does not come on then the first check is the dhw flowswitch and the filter into it.

They do fail.
I`ve even had new one`s straight out the box faulty.
The switch can be stripped down and the shaft of the wheel greased.

Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back