Potterton profile EP2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
V v simple and quite possibly foolish girly question. I've lost the manual for my EP2000 boiler, and need to re-ignite the pilot light. Can anyone point me in the right direction for an EP2000 manual, or tell me how to do it?

Ta

Sponsored Links
Is the EP2000 not the programmer? Depending on which model Profile (the boiler bit) you have some don't have permanent pilots.

You might have a point there. Thanks. It's a Potterton Profile. I can't see an ignition button. If there isn't one, how do I get the pilot going and the boiler started? Still no manual, I'm afraid.

As I said there may not be a pilot. Underneath the grey bottom cover there is a little door that drops down to reveal one of the case fixing screws. On the inside of that door will be the model number. Let us know what it says.

What exactly happened that caused you to think the pilot had gone out?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. It's a 40e.

There used to be a little flame visible through a little window towards the bottom of the boiler. I had assumed that was the pilot light.

I turned the programmer setting to "Off" before going away for a long weekend. When I came back, and put the programmer setting to "24 hrs" the boiler didn't work. It sounds as if it's going to start up, then cuts out, and keeps cycling.

I had thought there would be a straightforward way of getting the pilot going, which would get the whole thing going. Is that not right?

If the fan keeps cyclying on and off then I'm afraid you are down for a new circuit board. :(

Oh good.

Thanks for the advice. I was planning to replace the boiler when I do the kitchen in a few weeks. I suppose it's cold water and trips to the gym until then. Cheers.

your going to replace your profile or prima

what a shame they are a smashing boiler best ever IMO

Thanks for the advice. I was planning to replace the boiler when I do the kitchen in a few weeks. I suppose it's cold water and trips to the gym until then. Cheers

Do you not have an immersion heater?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back