hotpoint aquarius probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks, hope you can shed some light on my current problem. I have a Hotpoint Aquarius condenser dryer which is not long out of warranty(surprise). The green spot thermostat in the back of the machine has blown twice in quick succession recently so i am wary of replacing again untill i can find the source of the problem. The rest of the machine seems fine but i'm sure there must be another fault causing this to happen. I've fixed up a washing line in the mean time but the forecast is not good and the wife keeps asking for a new machine. Please help. Stix.

Sponsored Links
You say that the machine warranty has recently expired & that the stats were changed so I presume that was done under warranty, Hotpoint will guarantee their repairs for 12 mnths so if it has gone again, call them & complain. The only thing I can think of that would cause repeated overheating is poor air circulation.

Thanks for the reply jj4091. The dryer was out of warranty before the stats first blew so i have changed them myself being careful not to touch the convex face. I see what you mean about air flow. I'll give it a thorough clean out of fluff and try again. Thanks , STIX.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back