Flat roof with false slate pitch to front

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a flat roof extension approx 3mtrs wide off of side of house,cannot get a pitched roof as the first floor windows are to low .
have seen flat roofs with a false tile/slate frontage ,to look like a tiled roof but only go back a small way..

What is this type of construction called? trying to find some pictures/plans so i can get an idea whether this will suit my property

cheers

Sponsored Links
A kind of mansard roof with a flat roof behind at eaves level, no instant images on google to view, would look a bit odd in my opinion, is common on supermarkets etc to give the impression they have a pitched roof but really have a flat roof, have never seen it on domestic property. Is usually a demand of planning.

There aren't too many mansard roof pictures on the net at the moment (especially under construction), but there is one here; [advertising removed, mod 9] .
It's not exactly the kind you're talking about but it should help you understand the general concept.

It's not that unusual to see a flat roof garage etc disguised with a pitched fascade, although this is usually only across the front, meaning the illusion only works when viewed from directly in front at 90 degrees. It can look rather strange (and pointless) from the side/an angle though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back