Preparing Walls for Painting

Everybody has there own way i suppose "Growler"................

Me personally, the second i need to pick up an Hawk & Trowel and use Plaster, then added costs are added.

However, in the way it is worded in "Markwilliam" Estimate, it seems very odd as it does not go into detail how it is going to "Prepare". Which is causing the problems.

I personally find the type of prices "Markwilliam" is having is mainly due to getting in Big Companies as they have alot more overheads etc......

Sponsored Links
Third_Eye said:
Everybody has there own way i suppose "Growler"................

Me personally, the second i need to pick up an Hawk & Trowel and use Plaster, then added costs are added

Me....I'm just "too nice" for me own good. Always helping folk out at my own expense. I always get caught out by the..."while you're here, can you just do this" plea.
I'm thinking of getting my own registered charity number :LOL:

Yep and the other 'gem' after you have sorted the price..'oh and this' hoping you'l sling it in

One thing I wont ever do is come down on a price..if they say 'can you do it a bit cheaper?' I always reply with 'why?'

Their faces are a picture :evil:

Or ask em if they ask Tescos to drop their prices too :confused:

Sponsored Links
markwilliam said:
I hired a professional decorator to strip, prepare and paint a number of rooms in my house. The quote states "strip old paper from walls and prepare surfaces to receive emulsion paint."
[/quote]

Thats a funny way of wording it anyway, and it leaves it wide open for any interpertation.

But IMO, if I read that I would think it just meant prepare the walls, as in in the usual filling and prep prior to painting.

He should have mentioned lining paper somewhere along the quote if need be.

I think its a very good point to argue, but I still think he doesnt mean lining paper is involved, but that is his fault for not wording it properly.

Its a tricky one thats for sure, perhaps like op says, just pay him for his time, and get someone else in, if you cant work out some agreement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back