shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
iam fitting a shower pump for a mixer shower i have run a 22mil pipe from cold tank to pump location next to hot cylinder and 2 pipes one hot one for cold from pump position to shower head what i would like to know is someone mentioned negative head how do i find out what pump i require cheers

Sponsored Links
The type of pump (negative/positive head) depends on the pump location

If your pump will be below the tanks supplying it then it should be positive head if it is above the tank(s) - eg in the loft then you need a negative head pump.

newboy said:
Not usually it doesn't. :confused:

If your pump will be below the tanks supplying it then it should be positive head...
Not necessarily.

...if it is above the tank(s) - eg in the loft then you need a negative head pump.
Why do think this?

HI,

can i know which shower pump did you buy and do you like it? (is it quiet and powerful??)

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
newboy said:
Not usually it doesn't. :confused:

If your pump will be below the tanks supplying it then it should be positive head...
Not necessarily.

...if it is above the tank(s) - eg in the loft then you need a negative head pump.
Why do think this?
How helpful Softus :rolleyes:

cheers mate for your quick reply my pump will be located below all tanks so positive it is thanks again :)

rossy2 said:
cheers mate for your quick reply my pump will be located below all tanks so positive it is thanks again :)
That isn't a reason for choosing a positive head pump. :rolleyes:

What's the vertical distance between the base of the cistern and the shower head?

ref my last the height from the shower head to the bottom of the tank in the loft is just over two and a half foot. cheers

Hm. That's about 0.08 bar then - not a lot, but you should ask the pump manufacturer what the minimum recommended head is. If you're below that then a negative head pump would be the answer.

However, flow is also a factor, because the flow switch needs to actuate. If you can't be sure about that then you might be better off with a neg pump for this reason alone. The trouble is they're a lot pricier.

RachelG said:
HI,

can i know which shower pump did you buy and do you like it? (is it quiet and powerful??)

Rachel, I see you've posted this message in another thread, too. Just to let you know that the reason no-one's replied to you is probably because you've 'hijacked' someone else's question. See Rule 20 in the Forum rules. If you're still waiting for a reply, you might want to post your question in a new thread. :D

To any moderators who might be watching, I'm not trying to do your job. Just trying to be helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back