Leaking Tower Tap

Sponsored Links
Is there some information that's missing in order for someone to help me?

Thanks,
Frantic.

Can't be sure if yours is exactly the same setup, but it looks like it may mean removing and dismantling the tap to change the seals. On one we've got, the the bottom part of the pillar is just a length of chrome plated tube with a thread inside the top. It unscrews from the upper part containing the valve bodies to release the spout , which is sandwiched between the two along with a couple of 'O' ring seals.

You may be able to slacken off the mounting stud and tweak the bottom part of the pillar round a tad to take up the existing seals a bit without dismantling the tap to replace them.

Thanks for the reply TicklyT.

The tap is fixed to the counter underneath with two elongated nuts screwed onto two threaded shafts. The shafts themselves screw into the base of the tap and I've managed to loosen the tap from the counter.

The bottom part of the tap does appear to unscrew but only a couple of turns. This reveals a white o-ring above and below the spout connection.

I didn't want to force anything just in case I damaged something but you're saying that the base should unscrew fully and the spout and top part should come off into separate pieces?

Sponsored Links
I've slackened off the base and twisted it a few turns (at which point it stops and can't be turned any further) and new have a few millimetres above and below the spout which has revealed the thin, white plastic o-rings. However, they aren't the seals I was expecting to replace - the ones provided to me are black rubber so I'm guessing I still need to get inside the tap assembly somehow.

I don't want to force anything but I'll keep trying. In the meantime, if anyone can help any further then I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Frantic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back