floor tile patterns...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to lay ceramic floor tiles in my kitchen for the 1st time ;) . Ideally I would like to place them in a diamond shape formation. Any tips on the best way to lay this down? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have a wall which you will see IE not under units do your measuring from that wall. Measure room at one end and mark the middle repeat at the other other end of room. Using a chalk line join your marks together. This line divides the room in half if you see what I mean. Using tape measure mark the centre off that line. You can now start laying the tiles on that line, diagonally that is corner to corner on the line, put down 3 tiles then put 2 tiles either side with spacers. you should now have 7 tiles on the floor with good grout lines. Check you are happy with them then you are away!

You will find it easier to put adhesive on the tile and not the floor for the first few.

I am assuming the tiles are square.

Good Luck, Dave

Hangman.......forgot to say when you have marked the centre of the chalk line, put a row of dry tiles down one side of the line. If you are not happy with the distance when you reach the wall move them half a tile back. What I am saying is the the centre line could have a corner touching it or be completety hidden under the tile.The bigger the cut tiles around perimeter the less chance of seeing any run out. Unfortunatey I am making it sound complicated when it isn't really.

Sponsored Links
David and Julie/ Salem 2000 - Thanks very much for the advice. After reading your message a couple of times, I do finally get it :LOL: really useful tips, cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back