Optima 701 Pilot Light won't stay lit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I turned the boiler off as I was going away for a week and now I'm back I can't get the pilot light lit :(

The pressure is ok (just over 1 bar) and the pilot lights when I press it in but no matter whether I hold the button in for 1 minute, 5 minutes or 30 minutes it just will not stay lit! Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort this or what the cause might be?

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers
BC

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Dave!

Is this an engineer necessity? I'm fairly handy with stuff but certainly not corgi-reg'd ..

Cheers
BC

Sorry, I also wanted to ask if it's worth throwing cash at this model of boiler, it's about 10 years old I'm sure ..

Ta

Sponsored Links
You have to take the case off but do not need to disturb any gas parts. I don't know if it is a universal thermocouple on this or a special one, but at most you should be able to repair it for less than £20.

gas4you said:
You have to take the case off but do not need to disturb any gas parts. I don't know if it is a universal thermocouple on this or a special one, but at most you should be able to repair it for less than £20.

Id call removing the combustion cover well into Corgi territory. particually as im sure this boilers combustion chamber is under positive pressure.

Early ferrollis are under positive pressure so an fga will need to be carried out on completion & checks of the case seal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back