Light sensor connected to an ultra violet florescent light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey i am looking for a wiring diagram for connecting a light sensor to an ultra violet florescent light fitting, because i done the job ages ago but cant remember how i done it and now im being asked for a report on how i done it so if anyone knows were i can find one would be very greatful.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
depends on light sensor.

if its mains

you give the light sensoir a supply, connect the light live to the switched live form the sensor, connect the neutral of the light to the neutral supply

I wired up a plug to flex and used that as the main supply and i know i took that to the terminals on the florescent light and then took flex from there to the sensor but i cant remember were i put the live cable in the florescent fitting whether it was live or switched live and also on the florescent light fitting what terminal does the light cable it self go from thanks for helping. :D

Stephen07 said:
cant remember how i done it and now im being asked for a report on how i done it

You'd better go and have a look then.

Sponsored Links
I wish i could go and have a look expect for the student i done it for a college has taken it home and has now finished the course so she wont be back and my tutor now wants a report on how i done it so im basically ****ed now :LOL:

The chances of any of us knowing what you actually did (rather than what you might have done, or should have done) are very slim.

Ahh come on JohnD your a top electrician i expect so you must sort of know how to do this id you can try and explain you'd be saving a life :LOL: ok i know that i took the main feed from plug socket and connect the live cable to an terminal block and same for neutral and CPC and then i wired up a piece of flex to the sensor and i connected the neutral cable to the neutral terminal block on the light and same for CPC but the only problem is the live did i connected it to the main live into the light or did i connect it to the switched live? If you want i could do a rought sketch on paint of cables. Plase im counting on you guys :D

sounds like it may have been wired in a 3 plate system ie you may have brought L+N into the florrie and terminated the live in a connector this supplied a live to the light sensor and the return from that(switched live) went to the Live terminal in the florrie the neutral from the plug went straight to the neutral terminal in the florrie does this sound familiar?

There one thing you can learn from this.

Document everything you do. It doesn't mean you have to keep the papers for ever and ever. Just sitting down and writing down a clear description what you did will strengthen the memory and learning from the project. Then a few months later revise from the notes and the basic idea will be firmly fixed inmemory ready fro the next time.

bernardgreen said:

Document everything you do. It doesn't mean you have to keep the papers for ever and ever. Just sitting down and writing down a clear description what you did will strengthen the memory and learning from the project. Then a few months later revise from the notes and the basic idea will be firmly fixed inmemory ready fro the next time.
Now where did I put that note? ;)

but the only problem is the live did i connected it to the main live into the light or did i connect it to the switched live? If you want i could do a rought sketch on paint of cables. Plase im counting on you guys

Think. if you had connected the live main into the light would the light light up ? And how would it turn off if it was wired to the live main.

What does the light want if it is going to turn on and off ? Does it need a permanent live of a switched live ?

:LOL: Funny thing is i normally do but for this task i have failed :(

What does the light want if it is going to turn on and off ? Does it need a permanent live of a switched live ?
ok i didnt wire up a switch for it BUT it is using a sensor so a sensor switches on and off so am i right by saying switched live?

tim west said:
Now where did I put that note? ;)

In your "Engineers notebook"

I have quite a stack of them

POL_0169.jpg

tim west Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:23 pm Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bernardgreen wrote:

Now where did I put that note?

Yes tim west where did you put them notes i could really do with them now :LOL:

Stephen07 said:
ok i didnt wire up a switch for it BUT it is using a sensor so a sensor switches on and off so am i right by saying switched live?
Yes as I said in the post above ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back