Source old fasioned "on top" sink and plumb to was

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Two questions, if anyone can help?

1. I'm trying to source a double bowl kitchen sink with drainer for customer job. Google has many. However, I have issue with very little space for supporting kitchen chassis and any worktop. Sinks found so far are all inset and need minimum 1200mm worktop - leaves me with huge worktop cutout and tiny borders (waste of material, cost and time!!! Looking for possible supplier that may still stock old-fashioned "on top" sinks that used sit on top of and cover the whole of a 1000mm base unit and require no worktop. Anyone know what they are called and any suppliers?

2. Also, connecting sink to waste. The only waste closeby is a down pipe for external surface water off the school roof and into a closed\sealed drain. Can I connect to this? School kids only using bio-degradeable paint stuff etc.

Cheers,
Neil

Sponsored Links
Don't know about number 1.

If it is just surface water drain then no. Waste must go into the main drains for 'dirty' water.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for replies\info.

1. "DOH!". Found out just after this post such sinks are called "sit-on". Found one internet supplier. Catering units mega expensive!

2. Waste routing: Am providing a new second sink, some 5-6 metres away, from an existing sink, it's waste drops straight into a pipe set into concrete floor! Will need to try to route new waste passed a large radiator that has only minimal clearance underneath at skirting level. If route impossible, and not enough angle of decline, then I assume the only other possibility is route up through ceiling void, then drop down to existing and fit an electric pump and valve? Sorry, not much experience at this, but seen similar for lavatory waste (macerator?)

Cheers,
Neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back