Shutters for kitchen unit fronts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am removing my washing machine into a newly built utility room. There is going to be a space where the machine was and instead of looking around to fill this with a similar unit door to the rest of the units, I was thinking of putting in a roller style shutter.

This would be similar to security style roll down shutters you see on shop fronts (only scaled down loads!!). Does anybody know if such things are manufactured or how easy it would be to make?

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
get a ventian blind, easier, otherwise you would have to contact a roller shutter company, never know though, dont know how much till you ask, since all shutters are custom made anyway

What you're looking for is called a tambour door and kitchen accessory suppliers (like Hafele and PWS) will have some standard sized ones. It might be worth doing a search but ... as breezer says ... it would be easier to use a timber window blind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back