Hotpoint DWF50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I switch my dishwasher on any of the cycles it starts goes through the rinse and then on to the wash but then does not progress any further and when i open the machine up the water is still cold, can anyone help me please!!:cool:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the heater is not working therefore cannot complete a cycle. If you do rinse (which is cold only) I imagine it works.
How old is the machine?
Is it under warranty?

the machine is just out of warranty!! i have already had the machine apart once i thougth it might be the pump blocked as this has been blocked before since i have had the machine! Is it possible to change the heating element myself???

Sorry I dont know, It could be the thermostat that is faulty.
Does the machine do the rinse only ok.?

Sponsored Links
i dont know i havent actually tried, how do you just do the rinse?? do you select the delay start buttons??

On my hotpoint there is a button called 'rinse', maybe your machine does not have that facility.

i will have a go thank you but i might also see if i can get to the heating element!! thanks alot if you any other ideas please let me know thank you :D

hi there still got the problem with the dishwasher water not getting hot and not prgressing past the wash program and thats with me fitting a new heater element so has anybody out there got any other ideas please thanks :confused:

thank you i shall have a look to see if i can find it thank you for your help
:D

On my hotpoint dishwasher there is a small red reset button on the top of the thermostats. Press this and see if it works after that. I had to do it on mine recently, bingo.!
Mickeyboy.

thanks for all your help my dishwasher is now sorted after having the main circuit board replaced and the water level sensor replaced, i now dont have to do the washing up yeah!!!!!!!!!! thanks once again. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back