Electric Cooker Point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am moving into a house which has a Gas cooker which I woudl like to replace with my own electric cooker. Can anyone advise how easy it is to close off the Gas supply and to install an electric point for the cooker. Also any idea of cost to do this would be great.

many thanks

J

Sponsored Links
Hello,
Depends on the length of run really, and how you plan to run the cable.
How far away is the consumer unit ? Are you going to have floorboards up and the full monty, or a tacky bit of surface trunking :LOL: etc ?
As for price it would be unfair to guess, as maybe your CU does not have the capacity for another circuit etc etc.
Notifiable too.

Ed.

hello,

I am not sure of the details yet as have not moved in but it is a ground floor maisonette so am getting the main electrics board is not too far from the kitchen point. I think I will have to see once I move in how easy it is going to be.

many thanks for the reply,

J

Sponsored Links
Yeah,gas sounds a lot better idea m8,gas is GREAT !!!

You would need a corgi registered plumber to cap your old pipe off if its not a plug in.

If you live in a masonette then it could mean trunking,thats ugly m8,it really is ugly !

Gas is the way forward :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Are you a woman, and did your mother cook on an electric stove?

(that's the usual reason for people insisting on electric hobs)

it's true, gas hobs are better.

sorry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back