washing machine does not rinse properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a Bosch Exxcel. Everything seems to be working fine, the clothes come out spun, the water is drained at the end of the cycle. But if I put the clothes into some water I can see that they are still full of detergent. There is water in the drum when the rinse cycle is running. Tested the water supply to the machine by unconnecting the hose - there is a good water pressure from the mains. Checked the soap dispenser, there are no blockages, checked the pump filter - no debris. This has only recently started happening, it was ok before. Tried changing detergent and using less detergent. Happens on even small wash loads so not due to overloading and still happens if I select the option of an extra rinse cycle. There are no flashing lights to show inadequate water supply but presumably this is the cause - I can't work out where the problem is though.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
To gingerest,

I did resolve the problem in the end. After a few weeks I found a hair clip in the pump filter, (I had checked the filter several times before so I think it was stuck somewhere else before it reached the filter). After removing the hair clip the rinsing was back to normal. But I don't think rinsing is good generally, I think that is a symptom of the low levels of water that washing machines use. My machine has a button to run an extra rinse cycle on the end of a wash and I use that for cotton wash loads which seem to be more of a problem than synthetic wash loads.

So if there seems to be the same amount of rinse water going in as usual then I would guess that the pump or pump filter would be the next most likely problem.

Hope this helps.

From Dandelion (housewife who spends too much time with her washing machine!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back