DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Vaillant Eco max 835e

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
skybudda

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote

hello, i have a 2 year old boiler that works fine with CH but does not give me HW. It shows a S30 code and a tap icon below it. the manual overide on my switch (Siemens RWB9) does not work either. Do you think this could be the boiler or the switch perhaps? Ive opend a hot water tap but nothing changes. Any advice would be great. Many thanks.
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
simond

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:21 am Reply with quote

Without getting into technical details, an ecoMAX 835 that is 2 yrs old is still under warranty and therefore you are elegible for a free repair from Vaillant.
 Alert Moderators
HarrogateGas

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:35 am Reply with quote

simond wrote:
Without getting into technical details, an ecoMAX 835 that is 2 yrs old is still under warranty and therefore you are elegible for a free repair from Vaillant.

If its over 2 years old it wont be under warranty.....most Vaillants only come with two years.
 Alert Moderators
Agile

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:15 am Reply with quote

Doesn't anyone remember what the S30 code is?

A tap would make me wonder about system pressure or DHW.

Tony
 Alert Moderators
LeeC

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quote

wheres vaillant4you when you need him icon_wink.gif , sure dave will be along soon with the answer. icon_lol.gif
 Alert Moderators
weareleeds

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quote

s30 is a status code which relates asno heating demand from external controls
 Alert Moderators
gas4you

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Someone call for Vaillant repair man icon_question.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

S30 would not normally show on the display unless you enter the status menu on the digital display.

S codes are only informing you of what the boiler thinks it is doing, not a fault, these are F codes.

S30 means there is no demand for heat from any external contols, so would point to your siemens being faulty.

If you are comfortable with electrics, isolate boiler and open pcb cover then link out the external controls terminals 3 & 4. If boiler comes on for heating it has confirmed your siemens is duff.

Can't think at present why tap symbol shows though. Try pressing the reset on the boiler.
 Alert Moderators
skybudda

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote

thanks so much for your advice. The display just reads the temperature and shows a tap icon. the info button when pressed shows me the S30 code. When i turn on the CH the radiator icon comes on with the circle with the house symbol and the boiler kicks into action. no problems.
I have two silver honeywell boxes on my system, i guess one for the water and the other for the radiators? well, i saw a lever on them with manual overide but when i selected this option the boiler didn't fire either. I don't think its the siemens control unit or the boiler to be honest, it might be one of these silver boxes that could be faulty. i guess i'll have to pay for someone to come out. Thanks for your help. Theo.
 Alert Moderators
gas4you

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote

Are you certain you have the 835e and not the 635? The 835 is the combi so if you are correct have you got one hot tap off the combi and all the others off a hot water cylinder if you have 2 zone valves, or are the valves for 2 seperate heating zones and not one for hot water?

If it is the combi turn the dhw stat fully to the left for 2 seconds and then set to wanted temperature.

The circle is the pump symbol and the egg timer is the gas valve.

If it is the system boiler then it is quite normal for the tap symbol to appear sometimes. Again make sure the dhw stat is fully to the left, unless you have a Unistor unvented cylinder.
 Alert Moderators
skybudda

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote

Dave, thanks for the advice. I had a corgi guy come round last night and solve the issue. It seems that the two silver boxes are the valves for the CH and DHW. The DHW one is faulty so he pulled some wires out and by passed the circuit so at least I can get hot water now. He charged me 60 quid for his hour and half which I thought was reasonable too. He will replace the silver box at some point this week. Oh, by the way, the tap icon came on because I had the top dial on the eco max all the way round to the right. Apparently this dial is redundant anyhow. The Siemens control unit and the boiler are fine. Many thanks. Theo.
 Alert Moderators
gas4you

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quote

So I take it you have the 635 then icon_wink.gif
 Alert Moderators
skybudda

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:05 am Reply with quote

no, he told me it awas the 835e, the largest you can get but they come in combi and standard systems. i have the standard one apparently. theo.
 Alert Moderators
simond

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quote

You've got a 635. He's wrong.
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: