Ariston Microgenus 28 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know most people don't fit these crap units, and I really don't blame them, but I was railroaded into it by a customer recently and I wondered if anyone on here has fitted one recently?

My question is regarding the connection between flue elbow and boiler flue spigot:

Firstly, the flue elbow is (as they normally are) metal outer and plastic inner duct. However unlike any other boiler I've fitted there is no rubber o-ring on the boiler flue exhaust spigot. The plastic of the inner flue elbow simply sat on the metal of the boiler flue spigot. This seemed wrong to me, and I spoke to an Ariston tech person who seemed to think it was correct but was very vague about it all. If anyone else has fitted one recently can they confirm whether their one was like this?

Secondly, when the flue elbow was in place it was only the inner pipe which actually met the boiler. The air intake did not touch the boiler. It missed it by about 1". Once the securing collar was in place it was covered up, but it still did not look right. Again, can anyone confirm if this is normally the case?

Doubt if I'll get any replies as no-one fits them, but cheers anyway.

Paul

Sponsored Links
No, thats what I was expecting. A rubber 'collar' like the Biasi M.96 flue outlet has.

Maybe I'll ring Ariston back to see if I can speak to someone else....

ACOperson said:
However unlike any other boiler I've fitted there is no rubber o-ring on the boiler flue exhaust spigot. The plastic of the inner flue elbow simply sat on the metal of the boiler flue spigot.

yep this is normal. you may also want to remove the restrictor ring as this can cause problems.
Secondly, when the flue elbow was in place it was only the inner pipe which actually met the boiler. The air intake did not touch the boiler. It missed it by about 1".

installed loads of these and an inch seems OTT. id be surpsrised if it was this much. Take a picture of it, im not a great fan of how these go together

Sponsored Links
Cheers Rob, I will try to take a pic. Maybe its more like 3/4", but still seemed really rubbish to me.

First and last I'll ever install. Its a shame because they are a good size, nice and small. Anyone know of any other similar sized units which are not so craap?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back