Neighbours drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a semi, with the drains flowing from the other half of the semi towards my property and then along to the other houses.
For the second time in less than a year my neighbours drains have blocked - apparently the inspection chamber is half full with sewage.
At the weekend I checked my inspection chamber which was fine, and flushed both toilets in the house - again everything flowed fine through the inspection chamber.
Can I assume that the blockage is in their pipes? My neighbours are elderly, is there anything I could do to help out - if I call in a professional to unblock their sewer how much is it likely to cost? One of our other neighbours has a set of rods - is it reasonably easy to attempt to unblock the pipes myself, or am I likely to do more damage than good? The properties were built around 1950.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Give it a whirl with your other neighbours rods.

Remeber to keep twisting them clockwise so theat they don't undo in the drain; and watch for the pull that can happen when the block shifts.

I was nearly caught out once :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back