35mm waste pipe - 90deg elbow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm fitting a new basin to the downstairs cloakroom. The output from the bottle trap is a 35mm chromed pipe, and in the cloakroom I have a 35mm plastic waste pipe.

I need to connect the two together using an elbow (as the output from the trap is horizontal but the existing waste pipe is vertical). However, the only connectors I can find (Focus, B&Q, Screwfix, Wickes) are 32mm or 40mm.

Can anybody tell me where I can buy a suitable elbow connector? Or what are my other alternatives?

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
32mm is just the nominal size and refers to the bore of the pipe, not the OD. If you're sure both your pipes are 35mm OD then just check the diameter of the pipe that goes with the fittings in question. Best bet is usually to get a plastic compression type elbow which will fit both the slightly different sizes normally encountered.

Thanks for the reply.

It's a chrome bottle trap which I didn't really want to connect to the plastic waste pipe anyway. A bit more scouting around has resulted in this. It's a bit expensive but think (hope) it will be worth it. All I have to do now is figure out how to connect it at floor level to the existing waste!

Cheers

J

It'll have to connect the pipe under or at the floor - I presume it'll need a small length of waste popping out of the floor to push onto.

Sponsored Links
Yes - and I suppose I'll have to cut, sand and treat a block of wood to hide the join, which will have to be a white plastic compression joint at floor level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back