Potterton EP 4000 Timer Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I have a potterton central heating system. My timer switch has broken and I need to repair it. Its an old timer switch EP 4000 and I have been told that they do not stock it anymore and it has been replaced by the EP 4002. Does anyone know if this is true because I have looked on the internet and you are still able to puchase an EP 4000. If it has been replaced by the 4002 then is the wiring still pretty much the same? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you can still get the EP4000 on th'internet then why not get one? Would save the problem of worrying about different wiring.

My suppliers still list the EP4000 and because of this I still sell them on my shop. Sometimes though things that they list are only found to be not available once the order has been placed :eek:

Who told you they were no longer available?

The 4002 is a better electronic time switch but should still fit the same wall plate so no wiring needed.

Thank you for your reply. I telephoned Heating Components in Gateshead Tyne & Wear and they said that Potterton did not make the EP4000 any more and it was now the EP4002. I then telephoned the Plumb Centre in Gateshead and ordered the EP4000 for £49.99 and I pick it up today. Hopefully the wiring should be ok and I'll give it a go fitting it!
Thanks for your advice.

Sponsored Links
LouiseR said:
Thank you for your reply. I telephoned Heating Components in Gateshead Tyne & Wear and they said that Potterton did not make the EP4000 any more and it was now the EP4002. I then telephoned the Plumb Centre in Gateshead and ordered the EP4000 for £49.99 and I pick it up today. Hopefully the wiring should be ok and I'll give it a go fitting it!
Thanks for your advice.

should not need to wire just swap onto the back plate

(ps I know you aint meant to do this before anyone has a pop but it is easier :rolleyes: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back