ISAR HE24 Boiler issues.

Gas 4 U
Dan
Agile....

Thank you all very much.

I have cancelled the Ideal engineer and explained to them what I did to fix it, they told me to keep an eye on it and get in touch if any more problems arise.

Once again thanks for the advice......Stu

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I am real techno phobe - and have a similar problem - but no error messages.

CHW - fine.
HW - dodgy. Is hot for about 5 minutes (eg. washing up) but then runs cold and takes a really long time to fill up. It did work fine not so long ago and we have not changed any settings etc.

Is a new (18months old) Ideal ISAR boiler (new build property)

Can anyone offer a very easy to understand solution?

tnx

dont hijack someone elses thread start your own

certainly having a run on dodgy Ideals at the mo

As said previously if you read through it, as it is new build the builder is responsible for all faults within the first 2 years. Call house builders customer care and get a warranty call out.

Ideal are an awful company but their engineers, bless them, are usually very good.

Met a few when I done my factory training in Hull.

Sponsored Links
hi, I need your help with my HE24, I had a go changing the programmer times, and now the Central Heating won't come on no matter if i put it to ON or Timed, or change the programmed times.

any thanks much appreciated

Have you got one of the new ones with the Ideal built in timer (gawd help you :LOL: ) or a seperate timer?

Was very interested to learn about use of a "Magnaclean" to remove magnetic sludge from heating systems. This of course will not take care of limescale etc. forming inside the boiler. Does anyone have any experience of using the magnetic softeners of the type usually fitted on the cold water supply to instant water heaters when they are fitted in central heating systems. Surely a Magnaclean and a magnetic softener would produce a heating system immune from problems, especially when coupled with a chemical passivator.

lowlevelpilot";p="641996 said:
gas 4 u......

superb thanks, got it. Just had the covers off and all became clear. I have now removed and cleaned the pump and diverter valve and this seems to have cured it although it did'nt seem to dirty.

Hi, I too have a similar problem with my Isar. The pressure fluctuates and there is hardly any hot water. The thing seems to fire up for a while then cuts out before firing up again.
I am interested to know which parts you cleaned out, like did you have to take the pump apart, etc.

Like you, I am racked off with so-called heating engineers ariving and not really knowing what they are doing, one even tried replacing the fuse 16 times before he realised he'd blown up the PCB when replacing the actuator valve. I wouldn't trust a lot of them with a bicycle lamp if I owned one. So now I try to do my own repairs to it providing it doesn't involve any of the gas components. My appologies to any good trademen out there, you seem to be a rare breed.

Dave

I would attempt cleaning the plate HE first off.

Bit of a pain to remove on these though. Hope you have a bucket full of patience ;)

Perhaps it's just me then, but I find them awkward, especially the 35's.

As you work on them all day etc, you will obviously have the knack and experience to do the job quicker than the likes of me ;)

Thanks for that, I did look on Ebay and a plate HE is only £40 so I could well replace it.

Hopefully it will keep the thing going till May/June when I shall take everyone's advice and have it replaced with something better: which will coincide with my extension being finished. I can then vent my anger on the thing with a sledge hammer!

Hi All,

I've got a ISAR HE24 combi and though it heats the hot water fine, the CH isn't working! The blue light is flashing so I'm guessing that it's not igniting?? Can anyone point me in the right direction of a fix or is more info needed??

Having read all previous posts I'm wondering if I should carefully dismantle and clean up all parts???

Many thanks,

Paul

if the burner light is flashing with c and you have had no heating?
if so then you diverter head needs replacing if its an isar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back