dishwasher problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my 2 year old daughter has put washing up liquid into my proline pdw 080 dishwasher it was later put on in the usual fashion,after a short time soap suds started to seep out, the washer was stopped and rinsed of suds but now it won\\\'t start again and it sounds like no water is going into the machine.the manual does say there is an over-flow trip switch built into the machine.so if this is tripped how do i re-set it on my own?

thanks jacqueline. :oops:

Sponsored Links
i beleive you need to clean all the suds out, some m/c it will ruin it :cry:

i saw it happen in a pub, manager spent 2 hours taking it apart to clean out all suds, but it was fine when he finished

Sponsored Links
It sounds like water has overflowed into the base to operate the overfill float switch.

You could try and emply the base. This can be done by soaking up the water with a spounge or better still some kind of device simular to a bycycle pump.
VERY IMPORTANT! VERY IMPORTANT! ELECTRIC CAN KILL!
(disconnect the mains power by removing the 13amp plug from the wall not just by switching of as it could still be live).

If not call for a local service engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back