Pipe sizes - boiler to thermal store

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A quick and hopefully easily answered question.....

I am installing a new 26KW oil fired boiler and a 180/210 litre thermal store. Connections on boiler and store are 22mm/1". It may be gravity fed, but more likely pumped. Should I use 22 or 28mm pipe? I am assuming 28mm with converters, but I'd like my thinking confirmed by someone who knows their stuff. The TS, incidentally, will be installed one floor above the boiler, but immediately above, so the pipe runs are only 3 to 4m.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Doctor Drivel said:
Wow!! He said 28mm will work better, It will not on that kW of boiler.

C'mon then smart arse, why not. I'll give you 30mins to google the answer :rolleyes:

Doctor Drivel said:
[
Wow!! He said 28mm will work better, It will not on that kW of boiler.

It is surprising how little 29 year old plumbers know compared to what they think they know ;)
All them years of experience :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Should be interesting? :LOL: :LOL:

Although only slightly unnecessary.

Why won't it work then?

In what possible way would an extra 6mm of pipe not help from working better?*

Would the space time continum collapse?

Would the Russians cut off the gas supply to the UK?

Would the government fall?

Will life as we know it come to a sudden abrupt and rather nasty end as all matter got sucked into the a*se of the giant space turtle that sits ontop of our universe?

No.

'cos it would work fine; and as I said in my first short, simple reply to the OP 22mm would work, 28mm would work better. Now if you don't mind I am off to have a bath that is well deserved after the day I've had.

Thank you - see you in an hour.

Or so.

:D

*Changed the syntax a little.....

Oh dear.

Whilst I am flattered that you have read enough of my posts to know my age; I must say I am rather disappointed that neither of you bothered to monitor two direct questions.

Perhaps neither was the wrong word.

hhhhhmmmm and there was me being skeptical about all these multiple logon theories.

Using a pseudomin is one thing. Using several is just plain.... what's the word? Sad? Futile? Pathetic? Pointless?

As I said in a previous thread, I don't WANT confrontations. But if you are going to get personal for no reason:

It is surprising how little 29 year old plumbers know

Then expect at least a retort.

If I am wrong then fine - it won't be the first time; but for coffin dodger retirees to start spouting inane pap and then use relative youth as point of attack.... Deary me! :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back