SMEG dishwasher freezes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have a smeg dishwasher ( DF612SE) or atleast very similar in apearence to this one.

trouble im getting with it now is you put a wash cycle on and for aprox 5 mins it does what it should then stops. it just puts on 2 or some times 3 of the panel lights. if i open the door n restart it it will again do the same thing 5 mins later ?????

any one got an idea what i should check ect ?

Sponsored Links
If it's a Smeg then the lights are an error code. Counting from the left let us know which ones are lit.

hi mate,
thanks for replying.

the lights that come on from the left are the 1st two lights, so if the far left was called no. 1 then no. 1 and no.2 come on when the fault shows itself ..

hope youre able to help

Error code 3. Not heating.
Check the thermostat and the heater.
Both should be under the dishwasher. Some have a thermostat with a red button to reset it.

Sponsored Links
hi again mate.
ive cured it now as i found another forum and some one had a similar problem so i basicly gave it a damn good clean with sucking up water and muck with an aquavac through the sprinkler outlets ect and now its running fine again.

regards jez

the old problem is still there but i knowticed the folowing if you can help more ??

the cycle starts but it gets to the main wash and no water is going through the machine but i can hear water going out the waiste pipe so the dishwasher isnt getting any water inside to wash any thing.

the 2 lights on left come on after a while too .

any one know what i need to prepare look for tomorow when i start to repare ect ???

hi.
yer i gave it a danm good aqua vac sucking through any pipe or inlet n outlet that i could find including the waist pipe.

it worked for a few more washes then started it again so i took the right panel off and there is a plastic panel that chanels the water all around and i aquavaced that too , since then the problem never returned..

hope that helps,,
regards jez

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back