Chimney Hood Distance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Am in the process of installing a chimney hood into my new kitchen and was wondering if anyone knows of a maximum distance it should be above the gas hob to work effectively. I'm aware there is a minimum distance but being quite tall I'd like to mount it higher up so as to avoid smacking my head every time I use it as it protrudes 490mm outwards from the wall. Was thinking around 850 - 900mm above the hob.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If you make it 1 or 1.1m that's going to make it roughly 1800mm (6ft) off the ground. Should be high enough for most people to keep clear and still work ok :)

See how it works in with the piece to the ceiling. I try to avoid cutting that if possible.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: Yes but the OP is wondering if there is a maximum distance

With no manufacturers instructions it is 760mm above a standard hob to any combustible surface.

If the hood manufacturer or extractor manufacturer allows it it can often be dropped to 650mm.

Manufacturers instructions always over ride the gas regs :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back