Replacing an existing ceiling rose with spots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New to electrics so all info would be appreciated....

I've just brought a place and it badly needs doing up. I'd like to replace the existing ceiling rose in the bathrooom with a series of about 6 spots. Since the room are pretty high (2.55m), the ceiling is concrete and I'm in a flat, I'm putting in a suspended ceiling (it'll also help to hide some pretty ugly pipe work) and putting all cables above that.

Can anyone tell me how to go about wiring them in? Can it just be one in series from the wires coming in through the existing light??

Sponsored Links
Thanks - my understanding was that I wouldn't need notification as all work is in zone 3 or unzoned areas (over 2.25m High and not above a bath). Isn't it Ok to add light fittings in these areas?

Oh and sorry- another question! Could I fit an extractor fan - over 2.25m high and more than 0.6m from bath/shower/basin etc, without notification? Cables would run though the wall.

ALL electrical work in a special location (eg bathroom) must be notified. It doesnt matter what zone the work is done in. The room could be 10metres high, it still is the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
The link in taylortwocities' post states that only zoned areas of a bathroom are considered to be a special location.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back