British Gas Combi Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been getting a lot of post through from B.G. recently advertising their two combi boilers and maintenance package that they offer, has any one got any views on the boilers (they seem to be their own brand) and the services offered...

cheers

Matt :confused:

Sponsored Links
they were fitting worcester boilers badged up as "celsia" which they were passing off as their own brand and telling customers they were the only ones who can work on them/get spares. dunno what they're fitting now though.

Whatever manufacturer they can persuade to give the largest discount.

Alan

I am so P****d off about that advert on the TV. When I think of all those hours training and all the money that my CORGI ticket cost me to get. And now I find out that BG are the only ones qualified to fit boilers properly.
Believe me when I say this.. (Gets on his soap box).. "British Gas only fit what they can get cheap"... (Gets off his soap box)..
If you want my advice you should contact a CORGI installer near you and ask for his advice on what boiler he would recommend, then ask another one to compare prices. They will tell you what boilers have a good reputation for reliability and what ones are cheapest to service etc. I tend to go for Worcester Bosch and I am pleased with the service they give me and my customers, but another installer may have a slightly different view.
"Anyway I've got to go, partners" (Saddles up his horse and heads off into the sunset looking for another soapbox to stand on as British Gas used his one as a Flue).

Sponsored Links
British gas use the entire worcester combi range which are absolutly the same as any other worcester other than a different badge. Wether this is good marketing by worcester to get the countrys number one installer to fit thousands of there boilers a year and make a fortune in profits or if british gas have gone for the best discount avialable is another matter, but the boiler is one of the better combi`s out there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back