lost drain rods !!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm hoping that one of you good people can help me out.
I cleared a drain earlier today using some drain rods, all worked very well with everything now flowing freely.
However when I went to remove the rod from the drain I only managed to retrieve 2 sections , leaving 8 sections (with cork screw on end) still in the drain !!! :cry:

Even the instructions say only twist clockwise - what a plonka !

Anyway if anyone knows of a way I could retrieve the rods I would be very grateful.

thanks blod.

Sponsored Links
A well trained rat might help if you promise him a big lump of cheese as a reward :LOL:

rats dont like cheese

as for the rods get a new set (or at leats 3) and send them down there with a noose you should do it soon or you will get a blockage or even a package you dont want

Would suggest you try and get them to the next man-hole butchances are they'll get more stuck further down.

I bet that was an "oh phuk moment!"? :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I got a call from a mate a few years ago who had done the same thing. He'd left the rods in situ and soon all sorts of debris caught on the rods and blocked the drain again.

We got the rods out using a second set of rods with a hinged scraper attachment (drop scraper I think is the correct name) the scraper folds up as you push it into the drain but drops down as you pull it back, we pushed it past the stuck rods, let it drop and as we pulled it back it caught on the end of the stuck rods and pulled them out. Also got half a house brick out which was probably the cause of the first blockage.

Shirley you must have had to unscrew them quite a bit before they worked loose?! I bought a set of locking rods from BES. Avoids the problem.

"breezer"]rats dont like cheese

They do actually, I had two & they loved cheese, mind you I did rescue them from the sewer & they may have been fed up with eating jamrags, sweetcorn & sh*it. Just a thought. Mine wears a suit now & calls himself Harvey.He went on to become a very successful lawyer. We all
call him ``a*sshole``(lovingly).

wilhelm said:
you been on the flux again?

try the ordinary alternative.

You have now been officially enrolled into Bamber`s ``Hall of Genuinely Funny Guy`s`` (Think Bernard Manning better move over)...Not..

Drain rods now successfully retrieved ! - :D

Thanks to everyone for the advice and suggestions.

Hamster for sale - (slightly soiled)

Blod.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back