xpelair cf20t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone could help me out a bit?

I have fitted a Xpelair CF20t direct to the mains. This means when i switch on the mains it will turn on, when i pull the cord it will speed up. However it doesn\\\'t turn off until i switch it off. What i wanted was to be able to pull the light cord and have the fan run and then when the light is pulled off the fan should remain on for the timer period. The only problem is that the fan needs to be earthed. The wires from the ceiling do not have an earth wire...any ideas? as you may be able to tell, I\\\'m not an electrician!!!

The connections on the fan are: N, L, T, LH

Sponsored Links
from your bathroom (assuming thats where the fan is) light take
A feed from the neutral to the N terminal on the fan
A feed from the switched live to the L of the fan
A feed from the permanent phase to the T & LH of the fan

The fan should run when light is on , turn light off the fan will run untill the timer over run stops.
The fan will also start/run if the humidity is high (LH).

Sorry forgot to mention the fan is in the bathroom. Also the terminals I have are N, T, Earth and LH...not as mentioned below.

I can wire it as you say below however it will not be earthed....Expelair suggest that I should earth it.

mo996 said:
Sorry forgot to mention the fan is in the bathroom. Also the terminals I have are N, T, Earth and LH...not as mentioned below.

mo996 earlier said:
The connections on the fan are: N, L, T, LH

So which is it?

Sponsored Links
wot, no permanent live? Or is that what LH does?

LH is permanent live, it stands for Live High(as in high speed).

Actually it has a humidistat but in the manual it says LH as live high speed and LL as Live low speed. I have fitted it now but not to the light pull cord but just a separate switch...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back