What is the best option to replace wallcoating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I currently have a wallcoating over my property that was done approx 18 yrs ago.
It is now starting to peel and flake off in places exposing the smooth cement/Plastered surface below.
I have spoken with a well known wallcoating company and they say they would remove all the coating using a chemical stripper and then replace with a new coating (Filling cracks etc beforehand)they estimate the job to cost £5000.
What other options do I have? The plaster below that is now exposed is showing signs of cracks and in some places like corners chipped.
I have thought of removing the coating myself and then have the bare surface touched up and painted but removing this coating is going to be hard work as some places it is still quite good condition.
But really would like it to be maint free so considered having it rendered, What would be involved, i.e would I need to hack off the plaster or just remove the coating or would it be quicker to hack off first as last and start again with a fresh new surface.

Thanks in adavnce for any advice

Sponsored Links
jonnybegood said:
But really would like it to be maint free so considered having it rendered, Thanks in adavnce for any advice

a rendered painted house is not going to be maintenance free. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back