Painting woodwork gloss paint using roller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating a house my daughter has just bought. We are painting and decorating the whole house interior.

I am looking at ways to improve the speed of work while still maintaining a good finish. I am using a roller to apply paint to walls and ceilings and am quite happy with the speed of work and the final finish.

When it comes to the woodwork there are quite a few doors and window cills which are to be painted white gloss. I have never tried a roller for gloss paint and wondered if a good finish could be achieved using this method - which I hope would speed progress.

Any advice or suggestions much appreciated

Tony

Sponsored Links
I use a small sponge roller and finish with light strokes from a synthetic bristle brush........on panel doors I do half @ a time top- to handle then bottom....buy 10 rollers @ a time and chuck away each after use ;)

Thanks Nige F
Was concerned that the roller would tend to lift the finish causing bubbles- not thought of the synthetic brush to finish.
So I will give it a go

Sponsored Links
Indeed you do get bubbles but a Purdy Contract brush`ll smooth them away ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back