Immersion Heater Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently purchased an Immersion Heater Switch on ebay with no instructions. It appears to have been made in Sweden and has 2 sets of conntacts both with IN and UT on them (plus 2 earth contacts). I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me whether IN means Live and UT means Neutral or whether IN and UT just means an input and output connection of the same colour wire.

Sponsored Links
robg47 said:
IN and UT just means an input and output connection of the same colour wire.

In means the supply side, out means the load side connected to your immersion heater, as you suggest above. The two earth terminals will be connected together on the switch itself, you can use one or both depending on what best suits the installation.

In is the feed into the switch - Out is the output or load, appliance.

The In "L" and Out "L" are linked when the switch is down, similarly the "N" terminals.

LOO TATE!

Thanks both.
Just so that I am clear, one IN/UT pair should use the Live Supply and the Live Load whilst the second IN/UT pair should use the Neutral Supply and the Neutral Load. Trouble is, the switch doesn't indicate which pair should be Live and which pair should be Neutral!

Sponsored Links
Will it matter? Certainly not if its just a DP switch, the only thing missing would be clarification for another tinkerer in the future, but you already have no labling on the switch, and core colours should identify.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back