Rendering/Wet Dash

Sponsored Links
tromer do you mean a slurry dash? if so i do 10 pebbles 2 lime 1 cement and 1 sand . do not put any waterproofer in the scratch coat i hope this helps

onion said:
tromer do you mean a slurry dash? if so i do 10 pebbles 2 lime 1 cement and 1 sand . do not put any waterproofer in the scratch coat i hope this helps

I intend to use quarter to dust granite chips mixed with sand/cement to match existing. Is this mixture correct and what ratio?

Sponsored Links
Tromer said:
onion said:

I intend to use quarter to dust granite chips mixed with sand/cement to match existing. Is this mixture correct and what ratio?

this mix is what i use for slurry dash and i do this in a bucket (small).
as for useing granite , ive never used this as a slurry . try a 10 granite 2lime 1 cement mix and dash a patch to what concistance you want

Hello onion!! Would you be able to give me some advice on a slurry dash, been asked to do one but never done one.
Or if not the type of thing to be doing blind would you be into giving a metre rate on the job???

Hello onion!! Would you be able to give me some advice on a slurry dash, been asked to do one but never done one.
Or if not the type of thing to be doing blind would you be into giving a metre rate on the job???
scratch coat as normal, let dry for a few days,plaster a light coat of rendering before dashing ,for a large job get an old bath for holding dash.mix enought to do job,the reason for bath is the dash will be the same colour when dry plus a wall uses a lot of of dash.you need a few buckets,quarter fill wet dash from bath into buckets. using a small coal type shovel dash the wall.(maybe a dasher can be bought) they are not difficult to make.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back