Bathroom installation Connection of Shower and bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Please can anyone advise me on the connection of shower and bath to a common 43mm waste. I was going to run the waste from the shower tray in the 6" joist space to the outside wall, it runs out under the bath position so I was considering just tee'ing the bath into this run before the waste runs out through the wall to outside.

Is there a chance when emptying the water from the bath that it could back flow into the shower tray given the realatively shallow fall? (shower around 2M from bath) i have asked a couple of plumbers who both said it should be ok as long as there is a decent fall to the waste stack connection. Can anyone confirm this or is there potential to flood the bathroom via the tray.

Otherwise it means running 2 parralel wastes through the wall to the stack on the outside of the house which will look awful
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The bath will drain very slowly so I would think you will be ok to tee into the same pipe.

If you do get a blockage however, it will flow back into your shower tray :(

Try it and see how you get on.

Do the job correctly and run separate wastes !!

A soil stack is not something people look at and say "That is really nice"

I feel that you are looking for a reason to cut corners and bodge the job!!

If it is your own home you should want to do it right!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back