Vokera Compact Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Totally confused - I can not have a comfortable shower without the water going from OK to cold to OK - this cycle continious throughout.

The termistors have been changed but no improvment.

I have been told to check the filter that sits on the water inlet of the boiler ? Since this fault the hot water pressure has also dropped making the jets almost useless.

Any advice ?? Pls ! :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sid60 said:
The termistors have been changed but no improvment.

Whose idea was it to change those?

its always better to diagnose the fault first and then take the appropriate remedial action required.

Tony

PS I was going to ask about the terminators.

Check the filters - otherise it could be a scaled heat exchanger.

The heat exchanger can be de-scaled using a proprietary de-scalant without having to remove it from the appliance.
However the appliance must be disconnected from the hot and cold service pipes, the descalant should be administered with strict adherence to the manufacturers instructions. Reconnect the hot and cold services only after thorough flushing with clean water has taken place.

Sponsored Links
I think you should remove the restrictor on the cold water inlet to the heat exchanger.

I've done two today for very similar problem's.

Think I'm going to yank the restrictor out of every one I come across from now because they cause more grief than good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back