'Arcadia cistern inlet valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,

A few months back I fitted a new close coupled toilet. Recently the inlet valve started to 'howl' just before shut off and today ceased shutting off completely accompanied by a continual low howl.
I stripped down the valve to give the diaphragm and all the rubber seals a good rinse just in case of any debris being the cause and finally worked out how the thing works (I think).
Unlike other valves I have seen where the shut off system uses a steel pin operated by the float arm, this valve appears to use air pressure to balance the diaphragm. When the arm operates, a small hole in the top of the unit is sealed by a rubber 'plug' (seal) located in the end of the arm. I assume the howling is due to a minute air leak at this point and noticed that the face of the plug was indented where it contacts the hole.

Problem is the valve is not a branded one, I cannot see any manufacturers name, which makes it difficult to locate replacement seals. A web search came up with a similar looking model called 'Arcadia'.
Is this a well known brand? If so, does anyone know of where I can buy new seals for it?

D.

Sponsored Links
That's the one !

Many thanks Gasguru.

D.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back