Mains Voltage Spot Cable Size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Forum,

I am installing 9no. 50W mains voltage holgen spots in an open plan living / dining room ceiling. I have used 1.5mm2 two core and earth for the lighting circuit generally. I am proposing to use .75mm2 two core flex to daisy chain between fittings. Is this acceptable? Your comments would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Will

Sponsored Links
Why not just keep it in 1.5mm² like the rest of the circuit?

will.ardill said:
Dear Forum,

I am installing 9no. 50W mains voltage holgen spots in an open plan living / dining room ceiling. I have used 1.5mm2 two core and earth for the lighting circuit generally. I am proposing to use .75mm2 two core flex to daisy chain between fittings. Is this acceptable? Your comments would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Will

Agree with RF, the phrase "generally used 1.5 twin" concerns me however. What other cable did you use?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys,

I will continue with the 1.5mm2.

Sorry about the misleading 'generally'! I have used 1.5mm2 everywhere else.

Ta

Will

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back