B&Q fitting service

Realise thus thread us from 2007 however still shows up when searching so still relevant

B&Q provide all the insurances needed to protect the customer and check electrical gas certification etc

They also provide 5 year guarantee regardless of if the fitter is still around and it's not at the cost of the fitter,

You really shouldn't spread myths on the back of assuming things

Sponsored Links
Ha ha. I know some B&Q subbies. Substandard is not a big enough word.
Anyone with any sense would buy decent materials elsewhere and get a recommended local guy to fit it. People are getting wise to the likes of B&Q, BG etc.

not so sure whats funny, i also know lots of B&Q installers who's work is top notch, equally know many local guys who are not so good and cant be found if there is a problem.

Do you actually know how little the B&Q subbies are paid? If you do, are you not amazed that all the ones you know are so skilled? Do you work for B&Q PR dept??

Sponsored Links
Don't work for B&Q
Just interested in people not spreading myths, an yes I understand the payment structures for B&Q and most if the other large companies, do you?

As you well know. How did you get on by the way, did you get it sorted in the end?
I did a bathrom refit a couple of weeks ago where they'd been quoted over 5 grand by bathstore, I wish I'd known that when I put my quote in. :mrgreen:

Missed this the first time round.

Seeing as the thread has been resurrected, I might as well post here. I got most of the issues sorted.

Some would have meant going right back to basics (wrenching out the bath etc) so I left those for the sake of a sane mind, but I had some retiling done, replumbing under the sink unit, anti-vac wastes fitted, refitting of the shower tray and replumbing of the shower and towel rad. I swapped the Triton unit for a LP Aqualisa unit which is much better. Now I am considering putting a different top on my marine ply sink unit, as it is getting stained.

A corian style finish the same colour as the glass tiles would be ideal but probably hugely expensive.... ;)

My experience of having a bathrroom fitted using B&Q's fitting service has so far been a complete disaster!

B&Q's fitting services are carried out by subcontracted fitters who are only too willing to make it known / appear that they are not getting paid enough by B&Q to carry out the work that they are doing - this should be the first warning to the customer that the job is going to be rushed and/or corners cut!

B&Q's subcontracted fitters are clearly working to the budget that they have been allocated by or negotiated with B&Q!

B&Q's subcontracted fitters are prepared to maximise their profit by doing the job as quickly as they can and/or by cutting as many corners as they can!

Just like all other so-called "trades people", B&Q's subcontracted fitters will come up with all sorts of spurious and clearly untrue reasons to justify what they are doing and/or what they have done!

Paying over the odds to use B&Q's fitting services has proven to be absolutely no guarantee of good workmanship and a complete waste of money!

I will not be using B&Q fitting services again!

To be fair, we had an en-suite bathroom renewed and fitted by a B&Q sub-contractor about ten years ago. We were very happy with it and have experienced no problems since other than a recent slight leak from the shower, probably due to a worn washer. I should also add that the gentleman who did the fitting was very helpful and accommodating.

Well I just fitted a B&Q kitchen, 17 units in a 5m x 3.5m room, been an experience and taken ages, generally due to budget, lack of correct tools (long story, which some will know) but it's turned out ok, if I say so myself. Dread to think how much B&Q would have quoted for fitting, been a bit of an eye opener as to how much is involved!

I think B&Q's fitting prices start somewhere around the £2000 mark. Kitchen fitter would be lucky to see a quarter of that.. Work it out yourself who gets the rest. ;) ;) ;)

Don't work for B&Q
Just interested in people not spreading myths, an yes I understand the payment structures for B&Q and most if the other large companies, do you?

So, you just happened to be trawling through the web and stumbled on a seven year old thread, felt so incensed that a major, multi- million pound, national company was being criticised that you felt you had to sign up to this forum with the specific intention of defending their honour.

Pull the other one! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back