Hotpoint FDW60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice gratefully received..... dishwasher out of warranty (how typical)& just when there are loads of other unexpected bills - would really rather not have to go out & buy another machine.

Turn dishwasher on as normal - go to work, come home dishes have received a rinse but hasn\\\'t finished it\\\'s programme, the Eco button is flashing.

Try to power up again & this time watch, at the point where the water would normally kick in through the jets, nothing happens. Dishwasher beeps now the Eco light is flashing again. Check water supply - there is some (drenched myself in a bid to prove the there is water).

Turn mains power off for a bit in the hope that the computer inside is just having a funny five minutes, leave off for a couple of days.

Power back up & repeat the process of trying to start a cycle - defaults to by now all to familiar flashing Eco light, only here lies the difference, I can\\\'t turn the machine off the power button now doesn\\\'t work! I have to resort to turning it off at the mains (involves pulling the whole machine out to reach the plug!)

Please help, desperate working mum who hates washing up!!

Horsemad1976

Sponsored Links
Not sure of the layout of the facia on yours.
The flashing light is an error code. Count from the top or the left. Which light is flashing? 1, 2 etc?

Re the dishwasher. The eco light seems to flash when there has been a leak. This fills up a tray in the bottom of the machine and turns on a float switch; this turns off everything apart from the drain pump! On my machine the leak is when the bottom spray arm comes loose - bad design I say.

You may need to pull the machine out and tip it over to get the water out of the tray, then check the spray arm is tight before using the machine.

Good luck!

Sponsored Links
mine had the same problem. turned dishwasher on before bed and when i looked in the morning, it was making a humming type sound, and when i looked inside, the bottom rinse arm had worked loose. also, the eco 45 light was flashing. i put arm back on and tried it again but it kept going back to the eco 45 light flashing. all i done to fix it was to tip the machine backward and about a cup full of water drained out. turned the washer back on and it worked fine. hope this helps someone.

I found this page to fix my dishwasher.

Tried tipping it over and draining the standing water.

Switched it back on, seemed fine and then it went off again.

Eco & Prewash red lights flashing at the same time, filter clear, even took the drain/waste pipe off and checked it for blockages.

How does tipping the dishwasher over and pouring the water out help solve the problem? Surely if it's blocked or thinks it's blocked it'll just fill up again?

I have tried everything suggested on this thread and only achieved partial success.

It's back to just sitting there now. Stupid thing.

Instantly after signing up to this website I have had nothing but spam emails and my email account hacked.

Anyone else had this problem?

Set your email filters to a higher level, clean out your cookies and run your anti-virus/malware etc programs.
Not heard of anyone else getting hit by spam since joining here if their protections are up to date and running.

Hi lazyplumber

Emptying the tray in the bottom of the dishwasher will only help if you fix the leak that's filling it. At the bottom of the lower white spinning thing there it a round part which has come loose kind of a big nut, you have to tighten this otherwise the problem will continue.
It might be something else causing water to leak into the bottom tray.

See rsanders above

Big thanks to all the previous posters that helped me out.

Stu

hi folks

thread resurection here lol

im new to the site and googled my problem thats how i got joined up, our dishwasher went into same mode, flashing eco light and buzzing sound, i did what was recommended and pulled out dishwasher and tipped it up a few times, slotted it back into to place and hey presto it worked...

many thanks!

And the reason this is happening is probably due to lack of regular maintenance i.e cleaning filters and possibly worn filters.

Does nobody read their manuals regarding maintenance and use?
Every manual I have come across mentions rinsing off the plates before placing in the dishwasher, I know, it cleans dishes so whats the point? Its not a waste disposal unit!

ls anyone still active here? :)

I have two problems with my dishwasher: 1. Water is not draining completely. The last cycle I did (intensive), the dishes weren't cleaned properly, and the water did not drain properly. It stayed switched on the rinse or drying (not sure but probably drying).
2. When I restarted, the water did not drain and it did not take new water. It was only making some sort of humming noise. When I checked the back of the machine, the left top part of the machine seemed really hot too! I switched it off then....

Not sure how else to explain the problem, but think this about explains it...! ANyone able to help? :)

Thnaks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back