Simple method to divert pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post on here so apologies if this has been covered in the past.
We had a new cooker delivered yesterday. It is almost identical to our old one, except that the electrical gubbins is all on the outside and encased in a metal box.
We have a cold water pipe running round the wall to the washing machine - and of course that is exactly the same height as the box at the back of the cooker. So there is a big gap between the cooker and the back wall now, and the only way to get it flush is to move that section of pipe.
What is the smplest way to add a kink or loop into a pipe, please? I am a complete novice at plumbing, apart from managing to twice put nails through pipes under the floor and causing water to cascade through the house on each occasion! I just need to insert a section of pipe to loop up, or down, around the cooker electrics. Down I imagine would be safer in case it leaks. It probably needs something like a one foot section to loop around.
Any ideas, please? The simpler the better!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Think you need to lower the pipe and forget looping so that it is not on show.

Get a plumber in if you are not confident.

Post a pic if you want any further help so we can give you the best route. :D

Thanks Bahco

The pipe won't be on show as it is behind the cooker. It is clamped to the wall, so it just needs cutting and a section inserted to loop it down (as you suggest) below the electrics box for the cooker and back up to reconnect to the pipe. I cannot lower the whole pipe as it runs through built-in kitchen units either side of the cooker space.

I just don't know how big a job it is likely to be, and what fittings I should use to make it as simple and painless as possible.

Sponsored Links
Hi mate.

In that case, buy some pipe and compression elbows and have a go. :D

Turn water off first though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back