Smallest central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour has a small flat. I mean tiny. I would estimate the whole thing is about 6 metres by 7 metres. Now, everytime I go round there in cold weather it is swelteringly hot and he has all the windows open. Then I noticed he had central heating. I always thought that central heating isn't used in very small properties as no-one makes a boiler small enough. I assume he has a combi as there is no cold tank.

So, what is the smallest sized property in which you could effectively and efficiently use a gas-fired radiator central-heating system?

Sponsored Links
has he not got a room stat? and what about rad water temp? ours you can turn it down on the boiler

are you sure you are not walking in to your local sauna by mistake? :LOL:

Are you sure it's a flat and not inside a oversize combi boiler?
industrial23.JPG

Sponsored Links
There's really no lower limit. The output can go down to just a few kW in continuous use - below that they just turn on and off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back