Door Hinge replacement Hotpoint WM62

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two problems with replacing hinge.How do I hold the plate that the 2 hinge screws screw into. This will be free to drop into the machine when I remove the 2 hinges. Is it simple to remove the door seal to gain access to the plate?. How do I seperate the two parts of the door to enable removing the old bits of broken hinge. I have taken out the 4 screws but it still will not seperate.?

Sponsored Links
1.You will have to partially remove the door seal to replace hinge for the exact reason you state the backplate needs to be supported with one hand while unscrewing and replacing the metal hinge bracket and plate.

2. The seal is held in by the metal retaining ring which is released by the white plastic clip at the top left of the door opening.Tease the plastic outer case forward with small blade screwdriver to detach and squeeze together with molegrips or similar to refit again

3. After taking the four screws out of the inner door gently insert wide blade screwdriver and ease forward to detach from internal clips

Thanks for the reply. However I managed to do it with help from 'tinternet'.
Pull out soap draw, remove four screws holding top panel on, move panel to the right and unclip it from machine.undo three self tappers on the top of main front panel, they are now accessable. It is now possible to pull the top of the front panel forward enough to reach down and grasp the inner hinge retainer and once both screws are removed lift it out. You were perfectly correct about the door, it came apart with a little gentle persuasion with a wide bladed butter knife. Job now done. Your tip about removing the front part of the door seal is much appreciated and may come in handy one day. cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes that is possibly an easier option but longer in time to gain access. However for the diy'er that is probably the best all round way.Anyhow job done thanks for the feedback.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back