power steering pump

AZ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per my question i asked before........what are the chances of it being the power steering pump making this noise?

Post subject: Mark 6 Fiesta 1300 duratec engine

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Every morning when i start the car a whineing noise sounding like a hen developes and then disapears when the car warms up. The car then runs fine. Any ideas as this noise is irritating. I have sprayed WD on the alternater wheel etc, but to no avail. The noise only appears when i accelerate, not when car is just ticking over. :(

Sponsored Links
Have you run it with the belt off to see if the noise is still there?

A whistling woman and a whineing hen, aint no use to beast nor men :LOL: bwaaurk bweark buk buk bwaark :p :rolleyes:

I have sprayed WD on the alternater wheel etc, but to no avail. The noise only appears when i accelerate, not when car is just ticking over. icon_sad.gif

Bad thing to do. It will make it worse. Change PAS drive belt, clean off WD40 and check that the tensioner is set correctly.

Sponsored Links
I have sprayed WD on the alternater wheel etc, but to no avail. The noise only appears when i accelerate, not when car is just ticking over. icon_sad.gif

The belt's loose. Tighten it up. it'll probably be the alternator one but if you think it's the PAS one then tighten that. I'd change them both for new ones,. They'e usually not far behind each oteher when they go.

is it a grinding noise or a squeel your experiencing?

Back