New Cooker Circuit Install - Positioning of controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm currently running in a new radial cooker circuit to supply a double oven range. For this I am going to install a 10mm2 cable (Capacity not actually required, but just in case the oven is changed in the future) direct from the distribution board which has sufficient capacity and a spare way.
My question is with regards to the other end. I understand the cooker control can not be above the hob and must be within 2 Meters of the appliance, however, if you can only run the cable in a direct horizontal or vertical route (no dog legs or diagonals) from the control to the cooker outlet then how can you situate the cooker switch above an adjacent cabient but still have the outlet plate behind the cooker, which will be below and to one side of the cooker control?
Also, what are the regs with regard to positioning the cooker control in relation to a sink? The only viable position for the control is above a double cabinet that is adjacent to the appliance, and this cabinet is also adjacent to the sink. i.e. From left to right. Range - Double Cabinet - Sink

Help and advice appreciated.

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
You can run horizontal (in line wth the control switch) and then vertically down (in line with the outlet plate)... just don't do it diagnally

Adam_151 said:
... just don't do it diagnally

Unless the cable is 50mm or more from the surface or is in earthed metallic conduit.
You need to be a minimum of 300mm from a sink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back