My First Shower Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

When we purchased our house back in \\\'98 there was an electric shower fitted, supplied by one cold water pipe. Everything was good. We replaced the shower (because it was old), fitted our new base and glass enclosure - it has worked ever since.

Now the Gainsborough shower we have fitted has decided to pack in. It doesn\\\'t heat and one assumes that the heating element has packed in (even though there is heat sometimes).

So, the missus has asked me to fit a power shower. In starting my research, I came across this forum.

Fitting the new enclosure that she wants and the new base isn\\\'t a problem. SUssing out the pump and it\\\'s requirements are not a problem. Re-routing the cold water pipe isn\\\'t a problem - it is already coming from the cold water storage cistern.

My question is simple - where do I take the hotwater feed from into the pump? Coming out of the pump to the shower I\\\'m assuming is one pipe to the mixer. Also where is the best place to fit the pump? My B&Q book tells me I take it from the top of the hot water cistern - fitting a splitter connection. If this is the case and anyone here agrees then thanks and I\\\'ll let you know how this newbie goes on.

Many thanks in advance,

Gareth Edmondson

Sponsored Links
What does \\\ mean?

Where else would you consider taking the hot water from?

Tony

Agile said:
What does \\\ mean?

Tony

\\\ = sorry that was a typo.

Where else? I don't know - but I assume the top if the correct place then LOL.

Thanks for the reply,

GJE

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
What does \\\ mean?
It means that you're being obtuse and pompous.

The side, using an Essex flange - the vastly superior option. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back