sand/grit in cups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After each wash cycle with my whirlpool dishwasher, the cups are full of sand, i have stripped the machine down and washed everything, but the sand is still there. Sand is not evident in my bath and sink, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
as it seems only to be within the machine

is it possibly somthing to do with your cleaning tablets [cleaning agent]
and machine not rinsing properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big all

Perhaps your husband traded in your dishwasher for a new cement mixer. Just hasn't got round to telling you yet. :LOL:

I may have found the answer. Along the bottom of the inside of the door of my machine (Zanussi DW 905) is a deep rim. When I tried stopping the cycle after 20 minutes I found coming out from under this rim bits of gunk. When I checked I found this caked stuff like overcooked mince meat all the way along under the rim. I cleaned it all out and have so far run one cycle since then and the grit hasn't appeared. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored Links
thanks for getting back with the answer it might help others
feedback is always appreciated :D :D ;)

big all

Hi! First day here and boy do I feel your pain. I don't know anything about cleaning filters or where to find them. I am pretty handy though when pointed in the right direction.

I'm having the same problem and even when I rinse all of the dishes before I wash them, I still have the grit and sand on them when the wash is done. If you find the solution, let me know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back