We have an accenta alarm,unit bleeps but doesn't set.?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello its me again this time problem in my house alarm i tried setting the alarm but the alarm don't sets and beeps and only shows zone 5 and that is the kitchen i go in the kitchen and walk pass but the sencor is not showing a light i opened it and the alarm did go off so it is working but not detecting any movement my niece was playing around with it but don't know wot she don't can anyone help its a accenta g3

Sponsored Links
Take off the sensor cover again.

Twist together the circuit pair (usually marked connections n and nc)

Twist together the tamper pait ( usually marked both T)

Leave the power connected, so not to short it!!

Try setting again, it should then set, this will prove if the sensor is faulty.

If it still shows a fault then it could be cable or panel.(post again for fault finding).

hello thanks for replying the panel or cabel can't be damage becase the alarm has been working for the past 3-4 years can you please tell me how to fix it

Sponsored Links
some days you wake up with a headache, but you didnt have it the day before.

just because its been working for x long does not mean to say the cable is not damaged (i nver said it is damaged but it does happen)

you said it doesnt light up, that indicates no power.

get your meter out and check for 12v.

and please tell me you do have a meter

Follow jim'll fix it's advice, if the system then sets that alarm sensor is faulty and requires replacement. If it still doesn't set then it's cable or zone fault.

ahem, maybe (unlikely) fuse, or wire pulled out / wrong place

all the wires are twisted the 1 jim was saying shall i get a new sencor instead

james_help said:
all the wires are twisted

do you really mean ALL the wires?

reason i ask is because if you do that you will blow a fuse.

am now thinking it may be a cable fault / damage.

getting a new detector will not solve the problem

so you have twisted the pair that are connected to c and n/c and you still cant set it?

thats the cable which is also why it doesnt light up

maybe so but that doesn't mean the cable is not damaged for example a rodent may of chewed through it ? No saying thats the case but i've seen it before. So therefore you need to cary out the following tests as already described by us.

Go to the pir remove the cover and twist the pair connected to N/C and C together this will fool the panel into seeing a close circuit.

Now take the pait in the terminals most likely marked tamper or T and T and twist those together this willo fool the panel into seeing this as a closed circuit.

Leave the wires in the terminals marked + and - or 12v / 0v depeding on how they re labelled. Now if you put a multi meter between these two terminals you should read between 12 and 14 v dc.

Try and set the system if it sets the cable is OK but the sensor may require replacement. If it doesn't work then post again with details of what happened when you tried this

hello can you please find me a diagram or something cuz i find it really confusin or tell me step to step by the way i pressed prog 9999 the system went to attak and then i opened the pir and then i loosened the tamper wire and i closed it back and know the system wont go out of tamper shall i tighten the tamper wires if i open the cover know will the alarm go off or not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back